Thursday, February 17, 2011

Deutsche Vornamen- My Immigration Journal

April 14th 1746
It has been only a few months since me and my family immigrated to Pennsylvania in the U.S. We are all hoping to live the American dream. These past few days we have been having some problems with locals from where we live. The American families show signs that they don't want us there to be living in the same place as them.

April 15th 1746
Everyday after the other I'm feeling like little by little we are getting more accustomed to the way's of the American citizens. Today earlier in the afternoon i sat with the only American ever since we started to live here. He had many questions about our family and our moving here, i really didn't have any problem answering his question. I finally made my first friend here in the U.S.

April 16th 1746
Today was my first day at the job. Since we are immigrants from Germany i didn't like have the best job in the world but nothing is worse. my boss though is really harsh on me cause i am the only German ever since the big migration. The job that I'm attending right now is cleaning the bathrooms every hour for the workers of the clothing factory, there over 1,000 workers and only 4 bathrooms.

April 17th 1746
Yesterday after a hard and stinky days work I finally got food at the table for my family to enjoy. My 10 year old boy is doing great at school and my wife is doing great at home. I really hope this good luck keeps coming our way so we can reach our goal to living the American Dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment